Portable Medium Exchange System
Automates culture medium exchange at low cost!
- Automatic medium exchange
The culture medium is exchanged automatically at a specified interval (3, 6, 12, or 24 hours).
- Can be used in an incubator
The system can operate continuously for up to 7 days with batteries, and be placed in an incubator without any wiring.
- Accommodates a standard 6-well plate
You can use a standard 6-well plate. Which reduces running cost and minimizes environmental changes resulting from introducing the system.
- Observable on a microscope
The 6-well plate can remain in the system. You can place it on a microscope stage to observe the cells. Which also reduces environmental changes.
All system components exposed to the medium are replaceable.
- Cells: 253G1 Human iPS cells (NHDF reprogrammed by 3 factors; Oct3/4, Sox2, Klf4)
- Feeder Cells: Mitomycin C treated SNL76/7 cells
- Medium: DMEM-12 (including KSR, NEAA, PSG, 2-ME, bFGF)
[Data courtesy of Kidoaki S. Lab, Institute for Materials Chemistry and Engineering, Kyushu University (Japan)]
|Outer Dimensions||194 mm (W) x 228 mm (D) x 140 mm (H)|
|Product Weight||Approx. 500 g (Medium weight not included)|
|Power Supply||AA alkaline battery|
|Applicable Culture Vessel||6 well plate|
|Initial Required Medium Volume (per well)||3 mL|
|Volume Exchanged(per well)||2.7 mL|
|Medium Exchange Interval||3h/6h/12h/24h|
|Wetted Part Material||Silicone, SUS304, PP|
|Bottle Capacity||125 mL|