Catecholamine Analysis Methods
Please use the information below to decide which application will best fit your individual needs. Or you can always contact us for help.
1. Determine your sample type:
- Blood, Plasma or Urine – Use the application for plasma shown here.
- Tissue Homogenate – Use the application for tissue homogenates shown here.
- Microdialysis – Follow steps below.
- Others – More information is required, contact us.
2. Determine which compounds you are interested in analyzing from microdialysis samples; norepinephrine (NE, noradrenaline), dopamine (DA), serotonin (5-HT), MHPG, L-DOPA, DOPAC, NM, HVA and/or 5-HIAA.
Then determine which compounds you can compromise. Is detection of both neurotransmitters and metabolites necessary? Additional detection of metabolites can result in decreased accuracy of neurotransmitters at lower concentrations or increase the analysis time. If detection of all or most of the previously listed compounds is required contact us. This application is available but not yet published on this website.
3. If you are interested in the detection of MHPG and NE, please contact us. This application is available but not yet published on this website.
4. Find the best application for your microdialysis samples from the table below. The analytical applications and corresponding neurotransmitter detection limits are listed below.
|15 min||Antioxidant can interfere with the signal. Microdialysis-HPLC online analysis recommended|
|20 min||DA, 5-HT will appear on the chromatogram but have a broad peak shape.|
|20 min||Different mobile phase from the NE with CA-5ODS.|
N/A: peak is not available
N/R: the peak may appear but not recommended
For more detail about the CA-5ODS, please contact us